Many activities scheduled for this 3 day celebration of Oceana County’s greatest vegetable!Family activities, Art & Craft Fair, Grand Royal Parade, 5K run, Asparagus Food Show and more. Activities in Hart and Shelby
Category: Regional Activities & Events
In this area you can find information about events that take place in the region close to the Gateway Motel.
The Silver Lake Sand Dunes are a natural phenomenon that attracts more than a million visitors each year. Sand, sun, and fun await you at the Silver Lake Sand Dunes nestled between the shores of Lake Michigan and Silver Lake in Oceana County.
The magnificent dunes are divided into three sections, the northern area is reserved for off-road vehicles where you can test your vehicle and your sand driving skill Whether you rent or take your own vehicle this is a thrill you’ve yet to experience. The center region is for hiking, walking, or simply enjoying the beaches of Lake Michigan and Silver Lake.
The southern end home to Mac Woods Dune Rides. Mac Woods has been here for more than 75 years allowing visitors to enjoy a 40-minute 7-mile tour of the Silver Lake Sand Dunes.
The rest of this article can be read on the author’s site: http://www.thinkdunes.com/sand-dunes-7/
Blues, Brews & Dunes
- June 6 2pm-10pm
- Blues music, Michigan beer and local food
Blessing of the Duners
- June 7
- Line up at 11am
- Blessing at S.L.SD. ORV section along Lake Michigan beach at noon
National Asparagus Festival
- June 12-14
- Parade, arts and crafts, 5K run, Asparagus food show and more.
- July 2
- Fireworks and Live Entertainment
- July 3 Pentwater fireworks
- July 4 Silver lake fireworks
Take It To Hart Car Show
- July 25
- Car show, arts & crafts and food 8am-4pm
All Season Outdoor Show
- Oceana County Fair Grounds
- Sat 10am-5pm Sun 10am-3pm
- Vendor & Arts & Crafts
- Classes for hunters. fishers. duners, ORVers, hikers,bikers,boaters and snowmobilers.
- August 13-16
- Grand Parade
- Scottville Clown Band
- Fireworks (15th) Charles Mears State Park
Oceana County Fair
- Aug 19-22
- Animals, Food and Fun
Heritage Days Festival
- September 5-6
- food booths
- fish boil
- chicken dinner or pig roast
Honoring Our Elders Pow-Wow
- September 5-6
- Native american festival with traders, dancers, food and more.
Apple and BBQ Cook -Off Festival
- Sept. 11-12
- Apples, BBQ’s contest, music, arts & crafts, car show and entertainment