Many activities scheduled for this 3 day celebration of Oceana County’s greatest vegetable! Children’s Parade and activities on Friday, Craft Fair, Joan Glover Asparagus Parade, Sat. 2:00 p.m., in downtown Hart,
Category: Regional Activities & Events
In this area you can find information about events that take place in the region close to the Gateway Motel.
The Silver Lake Sand Dunes are a natural phenomenon that attracts more than a million visitors each year. Sand, sun, and fun await you at the Silver Lake Sand Dunes nestled between the shores of Lake Michigan and Silver Lake in Oceana County.
The magnificent dunes are divided into three sections, the northern area is reserved for off-road vehicles where you can test your vehicle and your sand driving skill Whether you rent or take your own vehicle this is a thrill you’ve yet to experience. The center region is for hiking, walking, or simply enjoying the beaches of Lake Michigan and Silver Lake.
The southern end home to Mac Woods Dune Rides. Mac Woods has been here for more than 75 years allowing visitors to enjoy a 40-minute 7-mile tour of the Silver Lake Sand Dunes.
The rest of this article can be read on the author’s site: http://www.thinkdunes.com/sand-dunes-7/
Blues, Brews & Dunes
- May 31 6-10 PM
- Blues music, Michigan beer and local food
National Asparagus Festival
- June 6-8
- Parade, arts and crafts, 5K run, Asparagus food show and more.
- July 2
- Fireworks and Live Entertainment
Take It To Hart Car Show
- July 26
- Car show, arts & crafts and food
Blessing of the Dunes (ORV’S)
- June 1
All Season Sportsman Show
- Aug. 2-3
- Sat.10-5 Sun 10-3
- Shop, eat and enjoy activities for all outdoor enthusiast . Petting zoo and story time for the kids. Wellness and Fitness checks/classes
Oceana County Fair
- Aug 20-23
- Animals, Food and Fun
Honoring Our Elders Pow-Wow
- Aug. 30-31
- Native american festival with traders, dancers, food and more.
Apple and BBQ Cook -Off Festival
- Sept. 12-13
- Apples, BBQ’s contest, music, arts & crafts, car show and entertainment